"Greening European Regions - Biodiversity as a Boost for Local and Regional Economy”
On behalf of the organisers - UNEP and ECNC, the Province of Limburg (B) and the Municipality of Oisterwijk - it is our pleasure to announce the first Conference of the European Learning Network on Regions and Biodiversity. The Conference will be hosted by the Mayor of Oisterwijk Hans Janssen, who will co-chair the event together with Rob Wolters, Executive Director of ECNC-European Centre of Nature Conservation. The conference will be organized in cooperation with the Province of Noord-Brabant (NL).
The event will bring together participants from all over Europe, working in the field of biodiversity (or planning to do so) at local and regional levels, and so to contribute to the implementation of biodiversity policies and objectives in the field. The Conference will be about informing, exchanging and networking about the practical delivery of biodiversity and ecosystem services and their vital contribution to a greening of the local and regional economies.
|Evenement locatie||Oisterwijk Oisterwijk, Netherlands|
|Organisator||UNEP and ECNC, the Province of Limburg (B) and the Municipality of Oisterwijk|
|Bekijk de agenda||http://www.regionsandbiodiversity.eu/node/10|
|Evenement URL (link naar website)||http://www.regionsandbiodiversity.eu/node/10|
E-mail adres: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telefoon: +31 13 594 49 44
Brief overview of the programme:
- After a plenary welcoming and introduction session, the participants will split up in three working groups addressing the following themes: Green Infrastructure, Green Economy and Green Partnerships.
- Each working group will be led by a chairperson and facilitator. Two presentations of practical biodiversity projects at regional level will provide the context for a facilitated discussion about the opportunities, barriers and solutions of the three themes.
- The results of the working group sessions will be presented in plenary in the afternoon and their political implications will be commented by a panel of regional representatives.
- The second part of the afternoon will be dedicated to exploring practical opportunities for interregional cooperation: ideas for joint project proposals, opportunities for staff exchanges and other forms of cooperation. The project information market will provide the scene for these exchanges.
- After the official closing, a network drink will be offered.
Future information about the conference will be posted on:
- the ELN Regions and Biodiversity website: http://www.regionsandbiodiversity.eu/node/10
- the ELN Regions and Biodiversity LinkedIn Group, which you are invited to join and participate in: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Regions-Biodiversity-4675537/about
You will soon be informed of further details, including the programme and the registration form.
If you want to suggest a project or organisation to present at the information market at the conference, please contact us.