CBD Daily News Headlines
- Gangwon Declaration on Biodiversity is adopted
- Stakeholders identify tools and recommendations for sustainability practices at the III BioTrade Congress in Pyeongchang, Korea
- U.N. meeting emphasizes border area biodiversity
- UN must do more to protect biodiversity - Environment Minister
- In a Changing Climate, We Can't Do Conservation as Usual
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- The High Level Segment of the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on BIological Diversity adopted the Gangwon Declaration on Biodiveristy for Sustainable Development
- The Convention on Biological Diversity closed the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties today with Governments committing to step up actions to achieve, by the end of the decade, the Aichi Biodiversity Targets agreed four years ago, and contribute to the sustainable development agenda.
- Governments have agreed to a series of actions that will further bolster the Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit Sharing, facilitate its effective implementation, and ensure that countries have the necessary resources to take the next steps to implement the treaty, which entered into force earlier this week.
- The Korea Forest Service launched the Forest Ecosystem Restoration Initiative (FERI) in the margins of the twelfth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP 12)
- Opening Remarks by Mr. Braulio Ferreira De Souza Dias Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, to the High Level Segment of the Twelfth Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity
Tekst van het Verdrag