CBD Daily News Headlines
- Pope Francis warns cost of failure at climate talks 'catastrophic'
- "París Is Not the End of a Climate Change Process but a Beginning"
- Christiana Figueres: the woman tasked with saving the world from global warming
- Despite terror, Paris summit could be turning point for climate
- Climate change: Is forest renewal the best way to tackle global warming?
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- Ambassador Mary Seet-Cheng, Chair of the East Asian Seas Partnership Council, Viet Nam Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, Chu Pham Ngoc Hien, PEMSEA Executive Director, Stephen Adrian Ross, Dr. Chua Thia-Eng, Chair Emeritus of the East Asian Seas Partnership Council, Honorable Ministers, Distinguished Delegates, Ladies and Gentlemen, It is a pleasure to address you at the East Asian Seas Partnership Council Meeting and it is fitting that the Congress chose "Global Targets, Local Benefits" as the theme this year.
- Chairperson, Distinguished Delegates, Ladies and Gentlemen, It is a pleasure to address you at the 51st International Tropical Timber Council with good news late on a day you have spent in difficult negotiations.
- Governments at an international biodiversity science meeting have agreed on a set of actions for the further implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020.
- First, I would like to extend my deep appreciation to Mr. Kenneth Deer and Mr. Charles Patton, Elders of the Mohawk Community from Kahnawake, Canada, for providing a traditional blessing and for sharing with us their rich cultural heritage, which is deeply rooted in this land.
- It is my pleasure to welcome you to the nineteenth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice and to welcome you all back to Montreal. It has been a year since we gathered in Pyeongchang, Republic of Korea, for COP 12, where important decisions were taken.
Tekst van het Verdrag