CBD Daily News Headlines
- Climate change cap must be lowered, warns expert
- Norway joins race of rich nations to submit their action plans for a global climate deal
- Climate Change And Food Security: Global Banana Market Is Feeling The Strain Of Hotter Weather, Longer Droughts
- Amazon becoming less of a safety net against climate change
- Media coverage of UN climate science reports: why it matters
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- Statement by Mr. Braulio F. de Souza Dias, CBD Executive Secretary, on the occasion of the Bonn Challenge 2.0: Implementing Restoration Partnerships High Level Roundtable, Bonn-Bad Godesberg, Germany, 20 March 2015
- On 21 March 2015 the CBD Secretariat and the Korea Forest Service signed a Memorandum of Understanding for implementation of the Forest Ecosystem Restoration Initiative.
- This year, as we celebrate the International Day of Forests under the theme of "Forests and Climate Change," we need to also look at the crucial and direct contribution of forests and forest biodiversity to the mitigation and adaption to climate change.
- This year's World Water Day theme, "Water and sustainable development", coincides with the ongoing discussions in the United Nations of the post-2015 development agenda and the adoption of a set of new sustainable development goals and targets expected later this year.
- The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity will hold a session on 19 March 2015 at the Americana 2015 International Environmental Technology Trade Show and Conference, being held in Montreal, Canada, on why biodiversity matters for businesses. The session will feature examples from the private sector and the Secretariat will illustrate its business engagement activities.
Tekst van het Verdrag