CBD Daily News Headlines
- Salvadoran Farmers Stake Their Bets on Sustainable Development
- Plastic rubbish from land, not ships, killing Australian sea life, say scientists
- Indian city of Surat anticipates worst effects of climate change
- Ocean algae can evolve fast to tackle climate change: study
- Brazil building Amazon observation tower to monitor climate change impact
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- Montreal, 12 September 2014 - The Secretary to the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) has become the seventh member of the Liaison Group of the Biodiversity-related Conventions (BLG), which includes the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS) the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA), the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands, and the World Heritage Convention (WHC).
- Opening Statement by Mr. Braulio Ferreira de Souza Dias, CBD Executive Secretary, to the Seventh Plenary Session of the Third United Nations Small Island Developing States (UN SIDS) Conference, Apia, Samoa, 4 September 2014
- Statement by Mr. Braulio F. de Souza Dias, CBD Executive Secretary, at the opening of the Expert Workshop to Provide Consolidated Practical Guidance and a Toolkit for Marine Spatial Planning, Montreal, Canada, 9 - 11 September 2014
- The Midori Prize for Biodiversity, established by the AEON environmental Foundation, was awarded today to three individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity at all levels.
- Déclaration de M. Braulio ferreira de Souza Dias, Secrétaire exécutif de la CDB, à l'occasion de l'atelier sur les synergies entre redd + et la conservation et restauration des écosystèmes dans les stratégies nationales et les plans d'action, Douala, Cameroun, 8 juillet 2014
Tekst van het Verdrag