CBD Daily News Headlines
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- Today, the Minister of Environment of the Republic of Korea presented United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon with three major outcomes of the twelfth meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 12) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) on the role of biodiversity for sustainable development, for transmittal to the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
- This year, declared International Year of Family Farming by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, International Mountain Day is being celebrated under the theme of "Mountain Farming". Mountain agriculture, which is predominantly family farming, has for centuries been a model for sustainable development.
- A group of scientists and policymakers delivered a declaration to the Minister of the Environment of Peru, Manuel Pulgar Vidal, the president of UNFCCC Cop-20,that calls for integrated research on biodiversity and climate change and increased recognition of key biodiversity issues in the context of climate change.
- The GBIF Secretariat has launched the inaugural GBIF Ebbe Nielsen Challenge, hoping to inspire innovative applications of open-access biodiversity data by scientists, informaticians, data modelers, cartographers and other experts competing for a ?20,000 first prize. Visit the challenge site at: gbif.challengepost.com
- Arctic Biodiversity Congress, Trondheim, Norway, December 2-4, 2014
Tekst van het Verdrag