CBD Daily News Headlines
CBD News (What's new at the CBD)
- Statement by the CBD Executive Secretary on the occasion of the United Nations Ad Hoc Open-ended Informal Working Group to Study Issues Relating to the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Marine Biological Diversity Beyond Areas of National Jurisdiction, 20 - 23 January 2015, UNHQ, New York
- Statement by the CBD Executive Secretary, Mr. Braulio F. de Souza Dias, at the Fifteenth Session of the Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, Rome, Italy, 19 - 23 January 2015
- Today, the Minister of Environment of the Republic of Korea presented United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon with three major outcomes of the twelfth meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 12) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) on the role of biodiversity for sustainable development, for transmittal to the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
- This year, declared International Year of Family Farming by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, International Mountain Day is being celebrated under the theme of "Mountain Farming". Mountain agriculture, which is predominantly family farming, has for centuries been a model for sustainable development.
- A group of scientists and policymakers delivered a declaration to the Minister of the Environment of Peru, Manuel Pulgar Vidal, the president of UNFCCC Cop-20,that calls for integrated research on biodiversity and climate change and increased recognition of key biodiversity issues in the context of climate change.
Tekst van het Verdrag